Thursday, July 06, 2006

A Pearl Necklace



Here's a pearl necklace that a friend gave me. She doesnt know how to go surfing on the web, so I gave her some printed patterns. I also taught her some tricks on crochet. She said she learned a lot from me, though before she met me, she's already been crocheting a lot, mostly simple crocheted pouches. She sells them like hotcakes, because she rents bazaar stalls to sell her goods. She sells mostly native handmade products from the provinces. Her mother weaves bags and rugs and she crochets whatever is saleable. I'm happy she sells a lot of what she makes, as she gets all her thread supplies from me. And she's happy too, for she doesnt have to go to Divisoria where she used to buy threads, and she even gets it at a lower price from me ;)

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous06 July, 2006

    The necklace itself is pretty. But more importantly, it symbolizes one of the many great friendships you've gained through your passion for crochet. =) Happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful and a thoughtful gift. That reminds me of the illusion necklaces we have here in the States.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a very pretty necklace. Like Cherry Cola said, it symbolizes your friendship. :)

    My mom gave each of her girls a necklace last time I saw her and it means so much to me every time I wear it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very true, Sis!
    Everything that my friends gave me, mean more to me than diamond and gold, or in this case, than the pearls itself.
    Thanks!

    Thank you Deneen! I couldnt figure out the odd shape of these pearls, but surely it is unique and pretty! And the thought that went with it, speaks of gratitude. It made me feel honored to receive it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tina! (I think we were posting at the same time. I posted a response to sis and Deneen, and then I saw your post...)
    I do believe that the intention and the warm feeling we got when we received the gift, that is what we remember most.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a huge generous heart, Mimi. Look how you helped her, and how grateful she is now with you! I´m happy for you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mimi, just passing by to check what's new and to let you know that finally natapos ko na rin yong backpack after 2 wks. Daan ka sa "bahay" ko if you have time, hindi s'ya kasing cute sa gawa mo pero pwede na rin :) Thanks ulit ha! Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Vik! I just feel so blessed now that I have a lot of friends online, and now even in person ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Beth! I'll go see now your backpack :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!