Friday, May 25, 2007

Got my swap package from Kimberly, yay!!!





These lovely goodies came from my American friend, Kimberly, in Belgium. She is my swap partner at our Kitchen Swap at the FiberFreaks forum.

Look at the lovely thick dishcloth, with a nice pattern stitch, I love the green and ecru combination! The design looks like people holding hands ;)
The two other ecru dishcloths are lovely too, with the pretty stitches, esp. the broomstick lace stitch :)
The trivet (or potholder) is very interesting, I would love to make one, what a clever idea! I'm really very lucky to have Kimberly as my swap partner, her handmade items are all beautiful!

And the chime, how cute it is!
And the fridge magnet too, with a wonderful Irish saying:
May the roof above us never fall in and may we friends gathered below never fall out.

The necklace kit, I am sure I will make several of those pretty chokers and necklaces!
The beautiful fur yarns (great color!), I will have to look on the internet for more inspirational designs to turn the yarn into lovely accessories.
And last, but not least, the cute stitch markers!...I'll be using it now, since I only used safety pins before ;)

Thank you so much Kimberly for all the time and care (and expense!) you put into this to send me a wonderful swap package

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous26 May, 2007

    What a lovely package Mimi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a nice package!! That potholder (is that the woven one?) is cool! I will have to check out Fiber Freaks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous27 May, 2007

    What a nice package! You're a lucky gal. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a terrific package-that trivet is very neat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sooooo glad that it arrived! I was starting to worry a little bit! And I am so glad that you liked it!

    I made up the Trivet as I went along after I saw something similar while blog surfing and the idea got stuck in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's cool, you did it without a pattern? Its really a cool and clever design, Kimberly. I'm lucky to have one I can copy later ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very very nice package!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!