Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Update at home and a simple crochet top :)

Two months since I told myself to use my imagination more, not much has happened yet on the crafting side :p But regarding practical home improvements, I got to use a little imagination and I'm pleased with the result...most of all, this:


I bought the sofa set last July..finally, after so many years of wishing... though its only now that I was able to arrange it nicely (given the limited space ;)

Anyhow, I've yet to  work on the crafting area in my room. I already bought a big enough shelf and two rattan boxes- more storage space...for yarns!




Now for the crochet design update -
After a long while...I can now share with you the top that I contributed in the book It Girl Crochet, edited by Sharon Zientara (for release in June). Here's the prototype of my design, which I wore several times already :)

lacey top
You can take a peek inside the book on Amazon...
I have a suggestion on book orders though... I recently found out about The Book Depository wherein the price already includes free shipping worldwide! Of course, I had to try it first before I recommend it... Here's my first book order, which I promptly received after 15 days (not bad, for International mail to the Philippines!)


4 comments:

  1. That's wonderful, Mimi!! You are getting so many patterns published. How exciting. The top looks wonderful on you. (Were you wearing it in one of the pictures on fb, too? I said "I know she made that.." :D) Congratulations on the book/publishing, and the new couch set!! It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tina! I'm thrilled just to see the book's table of contents and its contributors :). Yes, i was wearing that top on my FB profile pic :) The sample for the book is done with a different yarn and hook. They'll be sending back the samples to the contributors too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that crocheted top!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Bheng, gawa ka rin nyan :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!