Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Crocheting a Pierrot pattern...


While looking for design inspirations... I'm also on the lookout for patterns that I can make into finished projects. I usually zoom in on designs I can crochet with our locally available threads. Moreover I look for patterns that are quite interesting, yet relatively simple to make.
I know the yarn companies are promoting their yarns, so they come up with free patterns. I would like to thank them for offering the patterns to everyone. Sure, I would like to try the yarns they made the pattern for (I did so a few times)...but due to horrendous shipping and taxes involved, I rarely venture into it.

So for this project I would like to thank Pierrot Gosyo co. in Japan for the lovely pattern :)

Crochet Tanktop

Wait, this is just half of the top! Back and front sides are crocheted separately and then seamed on shoulders and sides. This is the back part, with the neckline higher than that for the front.
I will be making the front part these next two few days, and hopefully I can wear this top on Sunday next week ;)

6 comments:

  1. Dont they have the most adorable and beautiful patterns?!?!?! Shame most of them are graphs, I haven't managed to wrap my head around using them yet lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some I find hard to understand...luckily this one has a simple construction and the diagrams are very clear :)

      Delete
  2. ganda ate.. gusto ko rin.. sana bagay sa akin lol bhwhahaahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Bheng, why not? Its a tanktop for layering ;)

      Delete
  3. what did you do to replace the hairpin stitches?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jinky, I wrote it on my project notes: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/mimicat/215s-03-neox-tanktop

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my blog!