Tuesday, April 07, 2015

Crocheting a beach cover-up, progress...

Here is how the joined-as-you-go motifs look like. Its looks very neat and doesn't bunch up...

pineapple crochet
Joined-as-you-go crochet motifs

As mentioned before, this isn't my own pattern (see previous post)...I fell in love with this pattern at once, seeing that it could be done with cotton thread.
For the sleeves, I decided to make my own. I usually make cap-sleeves, since sleeveless isn't for me...and longer sleeves are warm for our weather here. So after finishing the main body of the garment, I came up with the idea of crocheting the sleeve directly on the underarm. You can see in the next two photos what I've done...those aren't straps, but the edging of the sleeves!
Now I will have to see this for myself if I can crochet the yoke from bottom to top...

pineapple square dress
8 pineapple square motifs
pineapple square dress
Edging of sleeves crocheted before the yoke

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog!