Saturday, August 21, 2010

Crochet to the rescue...

Several years ago (before I got into the internet), I attempted to knit myself some tops. I chose two designs, one in black thread and the other one in blue...started with the back part for the blue, and the front for the black. (You can see the UFO's here on Ravelry) Since knitting in thread seemed to take forever, I got stock and never finished the other half of both.
It is such a pity to see my unfinished knitted tops, that I decided to rescue it - with crochet, of course :) Luckily, I can just put together the black front and the blue back parts since it makes a good color combination. I can also cover up the imperfections with crochet edgings ;)
I have already finished the neck edging (two rnds of sc), and the sleeve edging (adapted from my original tunic pattern). I'm now on the bottom part, and looks like a few more crocheting hours to get to the finish line.
For the bottom part, I'm using the lace pattern on the bottom of this tunic from Pierrot Gosyo Co..


  1. Wow, that is going to look so nice Mimi. I can't wait to see it finished. :)

  2. Thanks Tina! The lace skirt is taking longer than I thought it would...can't wait to wear it ;)


Thanks for visiting my blog!