Thursday, July 12, 2012

Pineapple Motif Earring - free crochet pattern

pineapple earring

Pineapple Motif Earrings - free crochet pattern
by Mimi Alelis

Materials
Cotton thread size 10, or size 20, or even finer thread, approx. 5gms.
(sample shown is made from Aunt Lydia's classic crochet cotton thread size 10)
Crochet hook size 1.5mm
Pair of non-allergenic earwires

Motif
Note: Ch 3 at the beginning of rows count as dc.
Leave an 8-inch tail at the beginning for attaching the earwire.
Row 1: Ch 4, dc in 4th ch from hook, ch 2, 2 dc in same ch, turn.
Row 2: Sl st in next dc, sl st in ch-2 space, ch 3, (dc, ch 2, 2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc) in same space, turn.
Row 3: Sl st in next dc, sl st in ch-2 sp, ch 3, (dc, ch 2, 2 dc) in same sp, (2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc) in next ch-2 sp (shell made), turn.
Row 4: Sl st in next dc, sl st in ch-2 sp, ch 3, (dc, ch 2, 2 dc) in same sp, dc in space between the two shells of previous row, shell in next ch-2 sp, turn.
Continue rows 5-15 following the diagram below.
Finishing:
At the end of row 15, fasten off and weave in end. Sew on the earwire using the tail end at the beginning.

Note: Complete written instructions in downloadable pdf, now available (for sale) on Ravelry.


Pineapple motif diagram


gold pineapple motif earring
Pineapple motif earrings using Altin Basak size 50 cotton thread

11 comments:

  1. Hi Mimi! So funny that little statue with the earrings! LOL! And I love your crochet symbol chart drawing - ang linis! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Fats!! I prefer to draw the chart manually as I couldn't get the hang of using the computer to draw :p
    The little statue is one of the handcrafted itmes from Baguio, I bought it at a Q.C. bazaar some years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always do such beautiful work.

    Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi I Love this, I was wondering if it would be ok to do a video tutorial on my youtube channel(Onevirtuouswoman) of this earring, I would give them a link to come and visit your blog to get this great pattern

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this pattern, but have an awful time with graphs. Do you happen to have the directions "written" out after row 5?

    Thank you,

    Beverley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Beverly, thanks for stopping by. I hope you do get to make this earring, by following the illustration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This might even get me to do a pineapple pattern. These are cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful. I'll definitely give them a try....
    Thanks.... Enid

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank u for sharing this beautiful pattern, I love them. Now I want to make owl earrings.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely! It's the first time I have followed a diagram instead of a written pattern, but you made is so clear and easy! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!