Sunday, September 13, 2015

Two lovely shawls, ten years ago...

Looking back at my projects posted on Ravelry, I reviewed these two shawls made 10 years ago!
These two shawls remind me of the beginning of a new age of crochet (at least for me...), since these were made from among the first patterns I found on the web. Oh, those were the days when we crocheters were so eager to blog and love looking at each others finished projects...appreciated most anything crochet, and amazed that we could instantly share to anyone around world ;) We still do now, but at that time we were so excited...now it seems to be a given and there's just too much out there to see, we hardly take the time to admire each and every project...

My lovely (and much younger) sister used to model for me, and these also remind me of that time she's about to take off... (she's now settled in the UK with her hubby and kid).


Project details on Ravelry

Project details on Ravelry

I printed the patterns at once, for I guessed it wont be there forever. I was right. The first pattern though, is still available on the Internet archives (pattern). The other one became a for sale pattern at the Mani di Fata website.

6 comments:

  1. another thing though.. there are a lot of MTOs everywhere... we used to just like to share what we just made because we are proud.. nowadays. people share their work, with a price tag.. I am not sure if that is a good sign..

    I'm glad to have printed the Mani di Fata pattern too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right Bheng, crochet has since become too commercialized...
      Though I've made it a business too, I make sure I have something useful to share ;)

      Delete
  2. I also do remember this site. Making a business out of it is fine...but making something useful to share is much better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keeping in touch with fellow crocheters also makes it all better :)

      Delete
  3. Lovely shawl, but I couldn't find the pattern :(
    May I have one? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, I couldn't find the pattern for the above shawl projects...those were made long ago and I don't own the pattern. You could look for shawl patterns in this search for free shawl patterns on Ravelry http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/search#view=captioned_thumbs&weight=light-fingering&availability=free&query=shawl&sort=recently-popular&craft=crochet

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my blog!