Monday, September 05, 2022

Crocheted Bra Pads - free pattern

I've recently made a bikini top based on a free pattern I found on Garnstudio Designs. I couldn't wear it as is -  even though its not see-thru, its just not the right form. I tried to use commercial bra pads from an old swimsuit, it didn't feel comfy since its not made of natural material. So I decided to crochet my own bra pads using worsted-weight cotton. It somewhat lifts up and adds some volume, just a slight improvement for me. And it also makes me feel safer and not worry about wardrobe malfunction.


Crocheted Bra Pads

copyright Mimi Alelis, 2022
This pattern can only be found on this link:
https://mycrochetstuff.blogspot.com/2022/09/crocheted-bra-pads-free-pattern.html

Materials
Premier Home Cotton, worsted-weight (85% cotton, 15% polyester), 80gm, 140 yds, one skein
(you will need about 35 gms/50 meters or 55 yds of worsted weight yarn, for a pair of bra pads)
Crochet hook size 4mm or 4.5mm (I used Tulip aluminum hook 4mm)
Yarn needle to weave in ends
Gauge: 2 inches = 10 sts
Finished size: sample is best fit for a size B cup, but can be sized up or down by adding/subtracting an increase round

Bra Pad
Note: Ch 2 at the beginning of rnds does not count as a stitch.
Start with magic ring,
Rnd 1: Ch 2, 8 dc in ring, join with sl st on first dc. (8 dc)
Rnd 2: Ch 2, (2 dc in one dc, 3 dc in next dc) repeat around, join. (20 dc)
Rnd 3: Ch 2, (dc in one dc, 2 dc in next dc) repeat around, join. (30 dc)
Rnd 4: Ch 2, (dc in two dc, 2 dc in next dc) repeat around, join. (40 dc)
Rnd 5: Ch 2, (dc in 3 dc, 2 dc in next dc) repeat around, join. (50 dc)
Rnd 6: Ch 2, (dc in 4 dc, 2 dc in next dc) repeat around, join. (60 dc)
Rnd 7: Ch 2, (dc in 5 dc, 2 dc in next dc) repeat around, join. (70 dc)
Rnd 8: Ch 1,  sc in each dc around, join (70 sc)
Fasten off and weave in ends.

I made a video briefly demonstrating how I attached the bra pads to the bikini top.

https://youtu.be/D3-weYAuEfA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog!