Wednesday, December 09, 2009

More Crochet Stuff...

Crochet Pattern

I just finished my scarf pattern collection and now have it available for sale in Ravelry.

These are smart-looking, practical and comfortable fashion accessories made for summer season or for tropical climate.
The stitches and design of these scarves were chosen for its soft and lovely drape effect.
Scarf can be made in a regular size using two balls thread, or skinny version, requiring only one ball of thread.
Gauge is not so important for this project, but the use of a large hook (4mm) than recommended for the thread, makes for a lighter, softer fabric.

This pattern collection is available for only $3.50.
Here is the link to purchase the pattern: Trio of Tropical Scarves

Crochet Magazines

As if I needed some more materials...I got me these magazines at the Booksale store in the mall. I had several knitting mags and a few crochet mags to choose from with prices from P65. to 110. They had Crochet World August 2009, Crochet Today Jul/Aug 2009, Crochet Today Sep/Oct 2009, all of which I wasn't interested in :p
I would have wanted to get more of the knitting mags, but I was trying to "save" so I got only two:









The Knitter, issue 4 (P65.)
Vogue Knitting, Spring/Summer 2009 (P65.)...Is that the same model on the cover?

4 comments:

  1. The scarves are beautiful, as is all of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely scarves! Beautiful patterns as always. ;-)

    hehe No, I don't think they're the same model.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey! nice scarves! i love them! i'm a crochet fan, and I want to ask you something. Where did you buy all your stuff and such? I tried to search for a hook bigger than size 7 but turned out unsuccessfully. I'm also from the Philippines, and can you recommend some stores with plenty of crochet stuff like crochet hooks with different sizes? I'll appreciate if you'll help me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I've heard that the bigger crochet hooks are available at SM Cubao.
    You can also find supplies at Maning's store or VC Trading, at Farmer's Plaza, Cubao. I haven't been able to buy supplies anywhere lately and all my hooks were from purchases years ago, a few are from an online purchase.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!