Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Baby Crochet

Meet my 2nd grandniece, born last March

So cute!
I haven't actually met her though, and would seldom see her since she lives outside of our city :p But when I saw her pictures I really wish I could make something for her...
I did volunteer to make the christening souvenirs, though it was a bit late. I didn't have time to experiment with other designs, so I just played safe and picked a Japanese pattern for a mini bootie. I modified it a bit, and minimized weaving of ends, (which takes up a lot of time since I needed to make 60 pieces of booties!). I planned to make 30 pairs, but fell short by 4 pairs.

Maybe I can share written instructions for these, later.

Btw, I got the free printable gift bag template here. I reduced the size, to print 2 gift bags per sheet. And the souvenir item fits perfectly in it too :)

And here are some of the baby crochet designs that I made a while back. It isn't much, so I hope I can add to it. Also its very warm here, and most booties, hats and mittens might not be of much use.

11 comments:

  1. ooo the baby is sooo cute!
    Love the bootie favours what a great idea!would love the tute Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the little baby jacket. And your grandniece is a cutie!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww welcome to the world, grandneice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing - tiny booties for souvenirs. What a lovely idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOU are amazing, Mimi! I can´t believe I am watching all those mini booties, incredible awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Vik! Thanks everyone for your inspiring comments! I think I was a bit insane to make all those, but I did enjoy it at some point ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your baby grand niece is so cute! So are all those booties & bags. I know it is very warm here, too; right now. Maybe you would have some cool nights they could be used? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Tina, the rainy season seems to have started early...I guess there would be more cool nights coming soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous13 June, 2011

    What a precious little baby! :-)

    Thats a lot of booties, you're fingers must have been flying! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by Zu!
    Yes, my fingers were flying and surprisingly it didn't hurt much...there's a great deal of inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. She is so beautiful ! i have a child on the way my self :] a baby boy :] and that is such a good idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!