Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Recycled Fabric Crochet Hook Case - free tutorial

I've been looking for recycled fabric projects, especially those wherein I can use old or discarded denim pants I've collected over the past several years.
Now I came up with a quick and easy project for our crochet group. I'm sharing it here as well.
Simple sewing and crocheting skills will be used for this project.

Materials:
Denim fabric or other thick fabric like felt, measuring at least 14 inches long by 1 1/2 inches wide,
1/4-inch garter, measuring 2 1/2 inches long, or,
Button, velcro or snaps for closure,
A few yards of crochet thread or yarn
Sewing needle, pins, measuring tape

Crochet Hook Case
1. Measure the fabric, 14 inches by 1 1/2 inches, and cut without allowance.


2. Measure 6 inches, fold up and pin into place.



If using garter for closure, position the garter at least 3/4 inch from the top of the opening, tuck in the end of the garter in between the fabric.



3. With crochet thread, sew blanket stitch across the sides and top flap.


Finished! You may now add your desired embellishments.

Here are two hook cases I made:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog!