Monday, March 25, 2019

Crochet Stuff in 2018

Happy 2019! March is almost over, but again its better late than never - here is my round-up of craftiness in the previous year...with the hopes of continued crafting this year. I know I won't crochet much, since I'd like to focus on health and fitness (activities that get us out of our comfy chair is much better), though there are so many cute crochet stuff I plan to make for my grandchildren.
Meanwhile, please take a look at what I did in 2018.

Crochet Patterns

I was able to add 2 free crochet patterns here in my blog, and one published design in 2018:



Glass Holder and Coaster Set - made from size 8 cotton thread.





And...my latest and favorite published pattern ever (since it appeared on the cover) is my lace crochet yoke top, published as Yesteryear Top in Interweave Crochet Summer 2018.




Projects

I finished only about 17 crochet projects in 2018... mostly small projects, including amigurumi toys and animal appliques.
Some of my favorite projects are these food amigurumi and animal appliques for my granddaughter and kid nephews.







My favorite projects from last year are the Lion and Hippo heads Handpuppets...which I made up the design as I crocheted it. I based it from the images in the cartoon movie "Lion of Madagascar"...inspired by my granddaughter's love of the characters. I have yet to make the giraffe and the zebra (or not...) This took up a lot of my time, but it was worth it to see how much my son and granddaughter loved playing with it.




Another crafty year ahead, beginning with this dreamcatcher I made in January for a friend visiting from abroad.


Thanks for looking! Hope to have you here again in my next post. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog!