Crochet a Souvenir
Here are the steps in making the souvenir:
1. Crochet the base using green thread
2. Crochet the edging using pink thread (pardon my blurry photos...)
3. Crochet the tie using yellow thread
4. Finish off the ends and weave in the tie around the frame
5. Cut the photo and cardboard to fit the base
6. Insert the cardboard and photo and attach keychain or magnet
I made some into fridgies, since I had some spare magnets. Then the rest I made into keychains...
I didn't realize how making 30+ of these little souvenirs would be so tedious! Also, I had to come up with a neat packaging to add to the creativity and personalized look ;)
Here's the design of the box:
I got the box shape from here. Since I don't know how to design it on the computer, I just cut out the box pattern, and made a layout from the photo and text elements that I printed separately. Then I just scanned/copied it several times (2 boxes per board sheet).