Wednesday, January 03, 2007

2006 Crochet and Other Stuff Review

Highlights per month in 2006
(first half)

January

• scarves I made for my sister

(its been a year now since she went to the U.K. and I miss her so much...)

It was a colder January last year, so I was inspired to make a cap using acrylic yarn. I made a beret cap with brim and offered the free pattern on my blog
• Garnstudio designs offered their free patterns in English and most of us crocheters were thrilled. I compiled most of the links to the Garnstudio patterns.

February

I joined the crochet Olympics at crochetville and took the challenge to finish a garnstudio cardigan. It was a breakthrough for me, since I have not tried before to finish up (with a deadline) something as big as this. I was so inspired getting all the positive feedback for this project!
• Two flower doilies
, and a pineapple bookmark (from Japanese books) inspired by the romantic air of Valentines.

March

• A hobo bag and several cell phone purses became my obsession for this month.


April

• I started making crocheted letters (from a Japanese book ;)

• I made up my first design for Coats Manila Bay which is a bolero .
• A lovely belt from a free pattern offered by Mani di Fata, the Cintura con Fiorellini
• The popular fan bookmark by Crochetroo
• Came up with a lip balm holder free pattern.

May

• For this month, made the computer bugs by Kristie , and the crochet necklaces by Rachel

.
• Made the Mani di Fata inspired crochet earrings
and flower keychain

June


I learned the bullion stitch by making Kathy’s Bullion stitch pincushion.
• I had my very first printed pattern available nationwide, when my Loopy Flowers free pattern sheet came out, I really got excited over it!

Started on my first halter design.

4 comments:

  1. What great projects! I remember all of them. :)
    Wishing you a happy, crafty new year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember all of it, too, Mimi. I don't remember all of my stuff month by month. You must be a lot more organized than me. ;)

    I look forward to seeing what new designs you come up with in 2007. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How terrific they all are too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Makes you realize how talented you are, Mimi, doesn't it. (in case you had any doubts!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!