Monday, June 09, 2008
Crochet Bolero/shrug FO
Here it is, another crochet bolero/shrug, a japanese design.
I used 5 balls of Cannon crochet thread, size 8, and a size 2mm Tulip aluminum hook.
I modified the pattern only at the beginning, I started off with 22 chs less, thereby decreasing two motif patterns in the vertical row. I thought it was going to get too big. But now that its finished, I realized I should have followed the pattern exactly.
It looks perfectly fine looking at the front, but the style of this bolero is supposed to be a loose fit. The sleeves should be a little loose. And looking at the back, it would have been more flattering if the ruffles rested lower on the hips.
Or, I could have shortened it sideways, so the back would be slimmer and be consistent with the sleeves...oh well...I still like it so much, and might make another one ;)