Saturday, September 25, 2010

Crochet model at work ;)

A craft-blogging tip: aside from posting regularly, have good and relevant photos in every post.
Props and location are very helpful for this.


See here, my new medium-size model is proving to be very useful not only as a prop, but as a necessary tool for my fashion creations. This is the customized-sized tunic for my SIL. Its a little bigger than medium, and I've gotten the measurements from my SIL so I know its the right size. I have yet to continue crocheting about 6 inches of the lace skirt, but that seems very easy now that I've done the difficult parts ;)
Seeing it on the dress form gets me more inspired and makes me feel more professional ;)

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful top ! And I can imagine having the model must be so helpful.
    Thanks for the blogging tips - I know I need to follow these:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy you got the dress form!!!! Congratulations!!
    The tunic looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice as usual! i've been wanting a dress form for a long time. they are so expensive. my father found an old used one for me, so all i have to do is clean it up and put some new fabric on it. i will get to it one day.. it must be so exciting to have a brand new one! that was so nice of them to help you out like that!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Yasmin, Vik and M!
    The dress form is locally made and cost about $42., I was really fortunate to get the chance to buy one even though I had to stretch out my budget ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful top for the fall, great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet that dress form makes things a lot easier, too. Plus it looks so professional! :) I like that color; but I could never wear it, with my skin tone. :) Can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes Tina, and its much easier to shoot this model ;) I can't wait to see how it looks on my SIL...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!