Sunday, November 26, 2006

Cannon Multicolor Threads, more colors available!



These are 4 of the 10 new multicolors that Coats Manila Bay has to offer. I have made some new designs using these threads. Shown above are close-ups of the stitches on finished items I recently made. I had fun with the pattern, seeing the stripe design come up as I crochet. This is what I was talking about when I wrote on my previous post that I was "crocheting like mad!"... I was quite excited about it, I thought that Coats should publish a booklet featuring patterns with the multicolor-stripe-effect :D I have yet to come up with a wearable, though. Any suggestions?



Just in time, while writing this post, I was told that the new colors are now available for ordering. They gave me a color card for the new colors, and I just scanned this.
(Note: in this scanned image the thread doesnt look shiny, but I guarantee it is the same Cannon mercerized cotton thread that's smooth and shiny.)The photos below show a better view of the threads.




10 comments:

  1. Wow! Mimi, these colours are so amazing. Love the striped effect.Can't wait to see the patterns you come up with

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty cheerful colors! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mimi the new threads are really pretty. I love the bright colors. I can't think of any bright ideas for wearables though... Sorry. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Vik!
    Thanks Tina!
    I havent been inspired to make baby or kids outfits, but I think these threads will look good for such projects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty colors, Mimi! Oh, I love your Christmas ornaments...didn't know you cross stitch...anymore pics of things you have done? (I'm in a cross stitch mood lately) Oh, and the imitation bags are cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Lucy! I do have some cross-stitch books and magazines and some materials, but I have not done much on it :p

    ReplyDelete
  7. The threads look very pretty!!

    I cross stitch as well but have not done much with it lately, I have a large project that is waiting on the outlining....I need to get busy on it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Kimberly!
    We do have varied needlecrafts in common ;) I think I got stuck on crochet because it was the fastest ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. After the holidays, I will have to order some of the red/pink/hot pink colorway-remind me-Elena adores that combo and I can make her something for the summer.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!