Thursday, September 20, 2007

Crochet Saturday

What else is there to do when it seems to be a rainy day today and I've got a fractured toe? I know its a stupid accident, since it happened in my own room and there was no one else but me to blame...

Yesterday,(as I was engrossed again - looking for new patterns at Ravelry...) I was in a rush to get out of the room, realizing it was already late and I needed to attend to marketing chores - I tripped on the foot of my bed! I almost crashed on the floor, but was able to do a balancing act while I held on to a chair nearby. Then, when I composed myself, I saw my smallest toe on my left foot was obviously broken, pointing to the left, and it was painful. Now, even a minor injury like this cause me to panic - not outwardly, but just within myself. But my two dear sons wanted to be sure I'm ok... so we went to the hospital, had it x-ray and was diagnosed with fractured proximal phalanx fifth digit, left foot...

Now I ask myself how did this happen, but I know. My room is cluttered...everything is here in my room: bed, office desk, bookshelf, computer table, computer ware, clothes, craft supplies and merchandise.
I promise when my foot is ok, I will rearrange and de-clutter my room. How many times have I said that before???..hmm...but now that I have learned a little painful and expensive lesson, I really have to do it.

18 comments:

  1. Ouch! Imagining how you see your toe pointing into a different direction must be scary! I hope you get well soon. How long will you have your cast on your foot?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo Mimi!! I hope you get wellsoon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goodness! You need to take care, and yes, de-clutter your room! I should do the same I fear!

    I hope you pinkie toe heals quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Pearlin :)

    Thanks Gene, I think just one to two weeks is enough since there isn't any swelling, and its not that painful anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Kimberly :)
    Yes, I guess should serve as a warning ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ouch!!! Hope it heals soon! Rachel, CPC/KPC

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yow-I hope it heals quickly. I've never heard a broken toe story that the person didn't say "It was my own fault, stupid, I tripped over __________"-so don't feel silly about it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Deneen, so glad to hear that :)

    Hi Rachel, thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Mimi, wishing you a quick recovery! -Pam

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh no!!! I hope your toe gets better soon. I agree, seeing your toe pointing in the opposite direction must have made it hurt worse. :( I think I broke my toe next to my pinky toe about ten years ago. I never did go to the doctor, but my toe swelled up and I couldn't get my shoe on or hardly walk for a few days. So I think I did break it. Get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Pam!

    Thanks Tina, I'll email you...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so sorry to hear that you broke your pinky. It's always happened to me too (not until broken though). I also need to declutered my room I guess

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you, Lauri! So nice of you to stop by.
    Come to think of it, I did many times almost injured my pinky toe but I was more careful then...now I got it broken :p

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh no! Nothing like resolving to clean up after a broken toe. Makes more time for crocheting tho? Maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  15. ...hahaha...I now have a good excuse to stay home and crochet, and avoid chores, esp. driving, since our car has MT.
    Thanks for stopping by, Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Mimi,

    I hope that your toe is healing well! De-cluttering, is also something that I need to do as well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks Aby! I know I'm not alone on aiming to de-clutter ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Mimi, I´m so sorry! I missed this post... How long will you be wearing that white thing in the foot? Does it hurt yet? I´m really really sorry.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!