Sunday, March 16, 2008

WIPs and yarny stuff

Haven't been doing much crocheting as I planned to... So after a while of not posting, I only have these to share:

First of all, I finally got the goodie box that my sister sent me all the way from London! In it were all the crochet-related wishes that she granted me, plus some vanity products and yummy treats. (Thanks again, Sis!)

A while back she sent me some yarns called Lustre, which I used to make some keychain purses. I like the softness and sheen of the yarn, so I requested some more of the purple color, which I plan to make a shawl or shrug. Again, she surprised me with more yarns :)




Then I got very interested in the Hilos La Espiga nylon cord, which was used by designer Mary Jane Hall for her keychain purse design. So I tried to buy some online, and was able to order it from Mona of CrochetStyleETC, based in Ohio. I asked her to mail it to my sister in UK. She was very nice and accommodating, and the products she offers are wonderful and her prices are so good. I ordered two rolls of size 18 nylon.



She also sent me some snippets of the other sizes of nylon cord. I'm sure I'm going to order again from her, though its so hard to choose what to order...there are so many things I want from her shop to make various projects.


Meanwhile, I'm working on another of my cropped cardigan design. This will be for my sister if she likes it ;)



Lastly, here's a Baby Newsboy Cap I made. This is sized for about 16" head circumference. I'm working on other sizes so I could offer the pattern for sale.

10 comments:

  1. Wow, you have an AWESOME sis!! I have some fuzzy yarn like that, I think I will try a keychain purse too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are lucky to have such a sweet sister Mimi
    I love the baby hat.Its so cute.
    Pearlin

    ReplyDelete
  3. The la Espiga killed my hands using it-I have 3/4 of a spool leftover for a few keychain purses from Positively Crochet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Mimi,

    An Irish Blessing for you:

    May the road rise up to meet you.
    May the wind always be at your back.
    May the sun shine warm upon your face,
    and rains fall soft upon your fields.
    And until we meet again,
    May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
    ***********************************
    Happy St. Patrick´s Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The hat is adorable! I've never worked with nylon. I wonder how it feels.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Riohnna. You can use most any yarn for the keychain purse. Btw, I have a few furry projects I have just added to my ravelry notebook...

    Thanks Vik! Happy St. Patrick's Day to you too :)

    Thanks for the feedback, Deneen. I have worked with nylon too, I was able to buy some in our hardware store, but it only came in black and brown. I used it for the ends of the guitar strap...
    I just have to remind myself to work with it only for short periods of time ;)

    Pearlin, did you notice I used the pastel variegated thread? But I worked it with one strand of Cannon white thread. Hopefully I can have it in bigger sizes, then you can test the pattern if you like ;)

    Thanks Christina, I hope I finish the hat pattern soon ;) The nylon feels smooth, and it is very durable, perfect for making bags. It would be harder to crochet with, since it isn't soft as acrylic yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your baby newsboy cap. I think you will make a hit of it. Nice photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Lily! I'm trying to work fast to finish the cap pattern and have it tested ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable hat, Mimi! That's going to be one styling baby!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Sue! I still have to find a baby model ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!