Saturday, March 04, 2006

Crochet and other stuff

Its been a week, the excitement of the crochet olympics has worn off, what's next? Seems I am at a lost again on my crochet projects, starting a few things and not finishing any :( I started on a bolero, but its turning out too small. Also started another drawstring bag, and I'm not really into it. Now I saw another "sak" bag and decided to do that and it really takes a lot of time and takes a lot more effort because the stitches have to be a bit tight. But I know the result would be rewarding. So I hope to finish it in two days and I wanted it to be a surprise. The pattern is available online, for free. Photo shows the flower I designed to embellish the bag.


Btw, to those who ordered some threads from me, the threads will be arriving to me this week. Sorry for the slight delay. Will update you soon on your specific orders, thank you so much for waiting.

Photo shows a sneak preview of one of my surprise items. Two of this are now on its way to that special person who is supposed to receive it.

12 comments:

  1. Yipeeee! Finally I can see the pictures on your blog again....our server blocks out the flickr site ...so I cannot get to see any pictures from there.
    I like that flower...and I strongly suspect the bag is going to be stunning too. I'd love to see it and did you asy free pattern?? Well, tell me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Yasmin, thanks for your comment! I also like the flower, but I'm not sure about the bag :( I have put a lot of work into it already, and I wouldnt want to frog it. Its not my pattern, but its available online. Just didnt want to reveal it yet so you will be surprised =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colours you used for the flower - very pretty and spring-like. Great job, once again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Jaye! The color combination isnt my idea, you will see soon where I got it from =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not fair..i cant wait to see it,love the colors.Im in a slump to and tring to figure out what to do,thinking about making a felted bag..umm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i ment the whole bag Mimi,lol..im a blank today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Shaylen, you wont be waiting much longer. I'm quite sure you'll see the bag tomorrow =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Raquel, thank you for the compliment! I hope you will like the bag also, its so plain without the flower...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to see your bag Mimi! I like the flower. Did you make any spiral flowers yet, too? Or did you make that one instead? Either way, it's pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, Tina! Havent made the spiral flower yet, but I hope I'll finish that other bag soon. I'll be finishing the pink one now =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The second photo reminds me of strawberry shortcake. It looks yummy! Haha...

    ReplyDelete
  12. hmm...strwberry shortcake!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!