Thursday, March 15, 2007

Loopy Flowers - free pattern

Hi! I thought its about time I posted another free pattern. This one was done last year in May, and was featured in Design of the month free pattern leaflet by Coats Manila Bay.



Loopy Flowers
© Mimi Alelis 2006 - do not distribute this pattern or post in another site http://mycrochetstuff.blogspot.com/2007/03/loopy-flowers-free-pattern.html

Materials:
Small amounts Anchor cotton thread size 10,
or Cannon cotton thread size 8
Crochet hook , 1.50mm or 1.75mm
Ponytail elastic, or pin
Yarn needle for finishing
Instructions:
Note: There are 3 layers of petals, first one is smaller, the second and third are bigger and worked the same way. Each flower has a center front and center back.
First layer petals
Ch 6, join into a ring with sl st,
Rnd 1: Ch 1 (base chain), (ch 12, sc in ring) 16 times, join w/ sl st to base chain. Fasten off.
Second and third layer petals
Ch 6, join into a ring with sl st,
Rnd 1: Ch 1 (base chain), (ch 16, sc in ring) 16 times, join w/ sl st to base chain. Fasten off.
Center front:
Rnd 1: Ch 2, 6 sc in 2nd ch from hook, join with sl st to 1st sc.
Rnd 2: Ch 1, 2 sc in each sc, join. (12 sc)
Rnd 3: Sc in each sc, join. (wrong side will be facing up)
Rnd 4: (sc tog the next 2 sc) 6 times, join. (6 sc) Fasten off leaving 12” tail.
Center back:
Rnd 1: Ch 2, 6 sc in 2nd ch from hook, join with sl st to 1st sc.
Rnd 2: Ch 1, 2 sc in each sc, join. (12 sc)
Rnd 3: Ch 1, ( sc in next 2 sc, 2 sc in next sc) 4 times, join. (16 sc)
Fasten off leaving 12” tail for sewing.
Assembly: Arrange petals together and sew center front to the three layers of petals. Sew the center back placing a hair elastic or a pin as options.



Other popular designs:
Basic Slippers
Chic Cell Phone Purses
Stylish Crochet Mesh Bags
Stylish Makeup Purse
Shell Halter Top
Shells and Flowers Shrug
Cute Tawashi Designs
Stylish Sack Bag

All my designs in one page - thanks to Ravelry!

16 comments:

  1. These flowers are very cute! Thanks for sharing the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! Thanks for sharing. I can see those decorating lots of things. I think I'll put one on the next Fat Bottom Bag from Happy Hooker that I make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mimi, I think we think alike! :D
    I was thinking that it was about time for me to put a free pattern on my blog, and I have just really a simple little design I came up with last night. ;) I just don't have the time to up it on my blog yet. :(
    Love the flowers, they are really cute!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are very pretty...I'm thinking about making a group of them to put on a wrist band, kind of like a corsage...I'll post pics when I'm finished...thanks, for the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the flowers just brightening up the early morning
    Have a nice weekend
    Ulla

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am thinking solid yellow color with black center.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ollie, thanks for stopping by my blog ;)

    Thanks Sue, these are smaller in actual than it looks like in the pic. I havent done it with yarn, so I would love to see how it looks using yarn...

    Yes Chie, we are probably tuned in to the same frequency :D

    Thanks Pink, I would love to see you use this pattern, though you have a lot to choose from the lovely flowers online ;)

    Hi Ulla, thanks for stopping by, have a nice weekend too!

    Yes Lily, yellow and black, that would look stunning ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your loopy flowers are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Mimi! Thanks for sharing another pattern with us. I am printing it out as I am typing this. Very cute, and springtime.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty. Great pattern. It would be great to decorate so many things.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice flowers! Thank you for the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute. Thanks for sharing the pattern :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a cute pattern...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love it it is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful!!!! I love them :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!