Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Crochet from the past

"Smile everyone, show me your teeth ;) "



All these toys I made for my oldest son when he was a toddler. He thinks they're all adorable and huggable. He picked the dinosaur and the wolf to be made, and I was the one who chose to make the tiger and cat. (My second son wasnt too fond of stuff toys.)



I made this one without a pattern. My son had a plastic Donald Duck gifted to him. One day I thought of making a hand puppet based on the plastic toy.

7 comments:

  1. those are so cute i've never made stuffies before :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why not try making one, Barb. I see a lot more wonderful patterns available now for stuff toys... If you want the old patterns though, I can send you some ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous05 July, 2006

    I remember these!!! It's so cool that you've 'preserved' them.

    You have a passion for crochet that allows you to create various objects without a pattern =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heehee, thanks Sis!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are adorable! And the Donald without pattern! Mimi you are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  6. *blush* thanks, Vik! I probably did it out of boredom, having to stay at home and take care of two kids. But they also inspired me a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are so cute, Mimi! I remember you showing me the Donald Duck before, you are so talented to be able to just crochet something from no pattern. My kids have a lot of stuffed (crocheted) toys I have made them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!